Academics

[WATCH] Dear Professor – Matt Huff and Marc Collins ’23

In this continuing series, graduating seniors write a letter to the Oglethorpe professor who impacted them the most. Watch as the chosen professor reads a letter from their student.

Marc Collins ’23 graduated in May with a degree in theatre. An exuberant personality on campus, Collins was thoroughly engaged with the Oglethorpe community, bringing a sense of excitement to every event. Just last semester, the campus community joined Collins to celebrate his role in the feature film, “Till” — an opportunity he received after interning at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta. He has served as Freshman, Sophomore and Senior Class President for the Class of 2023, an orientation leader, a member of the Multicultural Leadership Institute and a member of the Honor Council.

In 2022, Collins studied abroad at the University of Oxford in England — one of Oglethorpe’s 16 International Exchange Partners around the globe. There, Collins studied studied Activism Through Black Theatre and Shakespeare and Race.

Associate Professor of Theatre Matt Huff met Collins at Scholarship Weekend and was instantly charmed by his outgoing personality. It was Huff who supported the aspiring actor throughout his time at Oglethorpe, helping him land the internship at the Alliance that would lead to his casting in “Till.”

“Whatever I did while I was here, I was just always being acknowledged, supported and I have to say that Matt Huff was always a face I saw in the crowd and always a face I looked forward to seeing,” says Collins, “and someone I hope to be a lifelong mentor.”