With the academic year in full swing, thousands of college students across the country are unable to pay for a higher education because their legal status blocks them from scholarships or financial aid, including from the federal government, the largest provider.
The candidates vying for Brookhaven mayor and the City Council District 3 seat staked out fundamental differences on their visions for the city before a standing room only crowd at an Oct. 16 forum sponsored by the Brookhaven Reporter. More than 100 peopled squeezed into the Turner Lynch Campus Center at Oglethorpe University to hear […]
Come join us for the Inaugural Performance of the Oglethorpe University Symphony Orchestra! 184 years in the making, Oglethorpe is proud to launch its new student Symphony, with music by Karl Jenkins, Edvard Grieg, Jean Sibelius, and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!
Oglethorpe University’s Theatre Department will stage the rock musical “Spring Awakening” beginning Oct. 18. The musical, which won Tony Awards in its original 2006 Broadway run, is about adolescent love and friendships. The Oglethorpe Theatre production will run Oct. 18, 19, 24, 25, 26 and 27 at the university’s Conant Performing Arts Center, 4484 Peachtree […]
Peachtree Ridge grad James Williams got off to a nice start with his soccer career at Oglethorpe University. The freshman scored a golden goal game-winner in his first match, a 2-1 victory over No. 19 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps. He now has four goals and an assist this season.
- Georgia 10×10: “Newly released college rankings name top-10 schools in Georgia”
- Oglethorpe alumna Kerensa Wing was named the 2020 National Principal of the Year.
- Dr. Kate Keib was interviewed by Booming Encore for the article “The Impact of an Image” as a result of her research on the subject.
- Daily Record: “Justin Rickerson’s definition of a good day on the golf course is not the same as an average golfer. While many might walk off the 18th green feeling good about a 90, Rickerson probably needs to be within a shot or two of par to be happy. That’s because Rickerson was one of the best high school golfers in the state during his days at Eustis, where he played in four state finals, and has become one of Oglethorpe University’s most consistent players. …” Read more.
- Times Record: “Senior Rodrigo Meade of the Oglethorpe University men’s cross country team has been named the OU Male Athlete of the Week. A Fort Smith native, Meade is a graduate of IMG Academy….” Read more.
- Atlanta Jewish Times: Prof. Jessica Handler is quoted in “Book Festival Bookstore is a Place of Discovery”.
- Marietta Daily Journal: “The following Oglethorpe University students were named to the spring 2019 Dean’s list — Brett Amazon, Alexandria Bryant, Alejandra Canas Escobar, Shelee Lee and Sarah Wright, all of Acworth; Glenda English and Parrish Studebaker, both of Austell; Julianna Hughes and Chandler Robinson, both of the Cumberland area; Maya Inman and Kathryn Thompson, both of Kennesaw; Skylar Mitchell, Nicole Nimey and Milena Watch, all of Mableton; Taylor Cranford, Carrie Falkenberry, Samantha Foster, Tsai Hidalgo, Katherine Hunter, Diane Huynh, Samuel Kuttner, Roi Levi, Vivian Manso, Mary Neja, Oyinlola Oyinloye, Esther Paulk, Ingrid Preda, Zoe Raymond, Joy Strong and Annelies Van Linden, all of Marietta; Emilee Heffner, Tulani Leeks, Veronica Mitchell, Natalia Pierre-Paul and Hailey Willman, all of Powder Springs; and Alberto Jasso, Karishma Nayee, Yesha Nayee and Zachary Smith, all of Smyrna.”
- Dunwoody Crier: “History found in road names“