Cooper Carry Unveils Oglethorpe Building, Context Gallery Opens at ADAC West, and More News in Atlanta
With events for designers happening daily, and new projects cropping up all over the city, keeping track of all the goings-on in Atlanta can be a tall order. That’s why AD PRO is here to keep you informed for the week.
As college students across the city get settled into new dorm rooms and start navigating fall semester schedules, they’ll also find notable new additions on campus. For instance, at Emory University, the school just completed a 130,000-square-foot student center under the guidance of Duda|Paine Architects and MHTN Architects.
Last month Lawrence Schall, the president of Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, read about the funeral of one of the 17 victims of the shootings in El Paso Aug. 3. The husband of the woman killed, Margie Reckard, didn’t have other family, so he invited anyone who wanted to come to her burial service to attend.
With the new academic year underway, a number of colleges and universities across the country are opening searches that, if all goes to plan, will provide high-profile leaders to take them into a new era of fundraising, digitalization, sports and, increasingly the case, globalization.
- Cooper Carry Transforms Oglethorpe University Facility, School Construction News.
- Oglethorpe Names Presidential Search Committee, Reporter Newspapers.
- Oglethorpe Hires New Financial Officer, Reporter Newspapers.
- Oglethorpe University president highlights achievements, Dunwoody Crier.
- Emory Fails to Defend Their Home Field, The Emory Wheel.
- New Chair Named to Brookhaven Arts Advisory Committee, Brookhaven Patch.
- Atlanta’s Artistic Seasonal Landscapes, Atlanta Business Journal and The Georgia Voice.
- “Ever After,” “Men With Money,” and more lead 2019 Suzi Bass Award nominees, Encore Atlanta.
- Cultural Thali to feature Indian music, food and more At Mount Vernon School, NRI Pulse.
- Free admission to 16 Atlanta area museums on Museum Day, Atlanta on the Cheap.