Notable

Oglethorpe music director Dr. Brent Runnels talks teaching with VoyageATL

VoyageATL, a local online magazine that highlights “Atlanta’s most inspiring stories,” recently turned the spotlight on Dr. Brent Runnels, Oglethorpe’s director of music.

In the article, Runnels discusses his music training and career, as well as his decade-long teaching gig at Oglethorpe:

“I’ve been teaching at Oglethorpe University since 2008 and last year took over the directorship of the music department there. I love the environment and the students at Oglethorpe. It’s a wonderful intimate setting where we can engage our students on an individual basis and help participate in and support their unique academic journeys. So I guess you could say my professional world has turned out to be a wonderful blend of teaching and performance. Life is good!”

Read the full interview:

Meet Brent Runnels of Oglethorpe University in Brookhaven

Today we’d like to introduce you to Brent Runnels. Thanks for sharing your story with us Brent. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there. Music has been the main focus and passion of my life since childhood, I started piano lessons at age 5 with a wonderful neighborhood teacher […]