The Strategic Initiative Committee has launched the grant application process to apply for funding for projects that support Oglethorpe’s Strategic Plan.
Approved by the Oglethorpe University Board of Trustees in February 2022, the 2022-2027 Strategic Plan: Distinctive and Distinguished includes an allocation of $100,000 to create a pool of funds to be distributed to initiatives proposed by Oglethorpe faculty, staff and students that align with the plan’s strategic priorities.
Those strategic priorities are:
- Enhance student success during their time at Oglethorpe and beyond
- Strengthen our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for all members of the university community
- Expand and integrate the physical, programmatic, fiscal, procedural and organizational infrastructure in a sustainable manner
- Develop innovative academic programs, transformative pedagogical practices and meaningful scholarship
- Support the physical, mental and professional well-being of members of our community
- Establish and strengthen partnerships with Atlanta and global communities
A Strategic Initiative Committee was appointed in October 2022 to facilitate the grant administration process.
Oglethorpe University faculty, staff and students, using their oglethorpe.edu email address, are eligible to submit proposal documents for the 2023-24 Strategic Initiatives Grant.
Applicants can access the grant proposal template and submission link on the Strategic Plan website. The deadline for submission is April 2, 2023.
Awards will be announced in early May 2023 to be used on proposed projects by June 2024.
The Strategic Initiative Committee will hold a virtual informational session about the grant process at 1 p.m., Monday, Feb. 13. Check your Oglethorpe email for the meeting invitation.
Questions may be directed to Chief of Staff Regina Mincberg at [email protected].