On February 8, 2023, OU Giving Day will offer several ways for the campus community — alumni, students, parents, friends, neighbors, faculty, and staff — to show their support for the university. On our OU Giving Day, a 24-hour online fundraising event, individuals can select from eight funds to contribute to the cause that means the most to them.
The initiatives this year cover a range of areas across campus with opportunities for big impact:
- First Generation Student Success Fund – Help Oglethorpe’s first-generation students feel supported as they pursue their academic goals.
- Petey’s Pantry – Help Petey’s Pantry increase the volume of food provided and the variety of foods offered.
- Enhancements to the Turf Field entrance – Bring branded materials to the new grandstands at the turf field, along with fresh landscaping to create a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and fans.
- DEI Culture and Community Fund – Help to provide seed money to fund programs, events, and initiatives aligned with priority #2 of Oglethorpe’s Strategic Plan: Strengthening our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all members of the university community.
- Student Emergency Assistance Fund – Support students who may be facing hardships that would result in them having to leave school and not complete their education at Oglethorpe.
- The Monte J. Hahn Endowed Scholarship – This endowed scholarship honors the memory of Monte Hahn, an Oglethorpe student who passed away in May 2021. It will be awarded to a student with a passion for art, photography, or fashion, who emulates Monte’s creativity, dedication, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Art for All: Sensory Rooms – Support the creation of two sensory rooms in the Rubin Gallery in the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art.
- Greatest Needs – Support the university’s greatest needs so that Oglethorpe can continue to offer competitive student scholarship packages, expand academic programming, and hire and retain exceptional faculty and staff.
In addition to these special giving opportunities, OU supporters can be social media ambassadors. Help spread the word about OU Giving Day with your networks using the social media tools available on the OU Giving Day website. Graphics can be downloaded and used to share stories about why you give to OU and to encourage others to join in.
Be sure to make your gift on OU Giving Day online to be part of the movement!