Approved by the Oglethorpe University Board of Trustees at its February 2022 meeting, the “Oglethorpe University 2022-2027 Strategic Plan: Distinctive and Distinguished” moved forward this week with the appointment of the Strategic Initiative Committee.
The Committee will oversee the process to allocate up to $100,000 in grants for community led proposals in line with the strategic plan. The Committee includes representation from students, faculty, staff and senior administrative leadership. The Committee includes the following members:
- Dr. Marisa Atencio, assistant dean and director of Global Education
- Dr. Laura Renee Chandler, vice president of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Sean Kang ’23, fourth year film major
- Dr. Joe Knippenberg, professor of politics
- Isabelle Martinez, assistant director of Business and Finance
- Regina Mincberg, general counsel and chief of staff
- Dr. Allison Roessler, assistant professor of chemistry
- Jakeb Sanders ’24, third year physics major
“I am grateful to each of these dedicated members of the Oglethorpe community for agreeing to serve in this important role,” said President Nick Ladany. “As the implementation of the Strategic Plan moves forward, planning and coordination will be essential, and we want the members of our campus community to have an opportunity to secure funding for innovative proposals.”
The Committee, which will be focused on allocating $100,000 in funds made available, will be meeting in the weeks ahead to develop a process to receive and assess proposals, and more information will be forthcoming about applying for the grants. The process will be open to students, faculty and staff.
The “Oglethorpe University 2022-2027 Strategic Plan: Distinctive and Distinguished” reveals a revitalized mission and vision, new guiding core values, and focused strategic priorities and initiatives that will lead the university into its next era of growth and achievement.
More than 550 university stakeholders — including faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and trustees — contributed to the strategic plan envisioned to propel Oglethorpe to a “distinctive and distinguished” future.