To help students make the most out of LinkedIn Learning—a free service available to students, faculty and staff—Oglethorpe is curating a monthly collection of short courses based on relevant and timely topics.
This month is focused on Career Tips for Students, a series of courses selected by Director of Career Development Erin Sherrill in the A_LAB. The collection includes 8 videos to help refresh a resume, write cover letters, prepare for interviews, improve body language for better first impressions—and even get tips on interviewing via video.
But, why stop there? LinkedIn Learning is a resource that gives access to 5,000+ high-quality, detailed training options, including the latest in-demand business, creative and technology skills to support professional and personal development. LinkedIn Learning offers courses for all experience and skill levels and gives each user the ability to:
- Create custom playlists for coursework and professional development, based on your areas of interest
- Set weekly goals for learning
- View customized top recommended picks based on identified areas of interest
- Use preset learning paths to delve into focused interests
- Explore trending training topics and the platform’s most popular courses
- Select options for microlearning — courses that run 30 minutes or fewer
- Connect your personal LinkedIn profile and track, save, and share completed courses with your LinkedIn network
For LinkedIn Learning log-in questions, please contact the Oglethorpe Help Desk. The LinkedIn Learning Help website also offers helpful resources, FAQs, and a live chat feature to help with questions.