To help students make the most out of LinkedIn Learning—a free service available to students, faculty and staff—Oglethorpe is curating a monthly collection of short courses based on relevant and timely topics.
This month is focused on Career Tips for Students, a series of courses selected by Director of Career Development Erin Sherrill in the A_LAB. The collection includes 8 videos to help refresh a resume, write cover letters, prepare for interviews, improve body language for better first impressions—and even get tips on interviewing via video.
It’s easy to connect—just use your Oglethorpe log in! Follow this link to get started with the “Career Tips for Students” playlist or log in through the Oglethorpe website.
But, why stop there? LinkedIn Learning is a resource that gives access to 5,000+ high-quality, detailed training options, including the latest in-demand business, creative and technology skills to support professional and personal development. LinkedIn Learning offers courses for all experience and skill levels and gives each user the ability to:
- Create custom playlists for coursework and professional development, based on your areas of interest
- Set weekly goals for learning
- View customized top recommended picks based on identified areas of interest
- Use preset learning paths to delve into focused interests
- Explore trending training topics and the platform’s most popular courses
- Select options for microlearning — courses that run 30 minutes or fewer
- Connect your personal LinkedIn profile and track, save, and share completed courses with your LinkedIn network
For LinkedIn Learning log-in questions, please contact the Oglethorpe Help Desk. The LinkedIn Learning Help website also offers helpful resources, FAQs, and a live chat feature to help with questions.