Academics

Dear Professor – Dr. Lea Alford and Bethany Malskis ’20

Graduating seniors from the Class of 2020 were asked to write a letter to the Oglethorpe professor who impacted them the most. Watch as those professors read letters from their students and share a moment together.

Bethany Malskis ’20 graduated from Oglethorpe University in May with a degree in Biology and intends to enter medical school.

“I want to do emergency medicine and take that to other countries who don’t have good healthcare. I’m majoring in Biology on a Pre-Med track because I want to go back and help people where I’m wanted and make a real difference,” she notes.

Throughout her time at Oglethorpe, she remembers fondly the many interactive labs she completed for her degree and the transition from Goslin Hall, the previous science building, to the brand-new, state-of-the-art I.W. “Ike” Cousins Center for Science and Innovation. 

Malskis cites Dr. Lea Alford, assistant professor of biology, as the reason she came to Oglethorpe. Having seen Dr. Alford speak about the sciences at Scholarship Weekend, Malsksis was inspired to enroll.