Last Friday, 13 students in the Hammack School of Business gave presentations about their spring internships to faculty, staff, and their peers .
Student presenters included:
- Makenna Bryant ’22 – The Walt Disney Company
- Thomas Cohen ’20 – Natural Stone Services
- Ben Davidson ’20 – Windham Brannon, P.C.
- Manuel Diaz ’20 – Brooks, McGinnis & Company
- Hudson Fennell ’20 – Warren Averett
- Elizabeth Gomes ’20 – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Morgan Grindle ’20 – Warren Averett
- Andrew Grodhaus ’20 – Windham Brannon, P.C.
- Jordan Madison ’20 – Berkshire Hathaway GA
- Maria Omar Alvarez ’20 – Oglethorpe University
- Teareney Pettigrew ’20 – Wiedmayer & Company, LLC
- Malisa Reichard ’21 – Ecolink
- Yusha Shrestha ’20 – VAAS Professionals
A highlight of the presentations came from sophomore Makenna Bryant who participated in the Disney College Program in Orlando, Florida. Through the program, she was able to earn experience at her favorite place while still working towards her degree. Interestingly, she joined the program at a unique time for any park—the opening of a new attraction. The new “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” was teeming with activity, which gave Makenna the opportunity, as she says, to learn “multitasking, efficiency, communication and how to create happiness.”
Watch her and the other business school students’ presentations below.
Interested in an internship? Oglethorpe’s A_LAB helps students find and secure internships during the academic year and over the summer.