A Message from Dean Michelle Hall:
Yesterday, Governor Kemp signed an executive order to close all public universities following declarations of a State of Emergency at the federal, state and now city levels. Most private universities have moved to remote teaching, telework for staff, and if they have not already closed their residence halls, they are in the process of doing that in compliance with guidelines published yesterday by the White House in The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America. We are following guidance to reduce exposure and are taking the following measures:
- Residence halls will close effective Sunday, March 22nd at 2pm. Resident students have received more detailed information via e-mail. Please see email or signs posted in residence halls regarding delays/extenuating circumstances and file that information by tomorrow at 2pm.
- Many employees have been advised to work remotely as soon as tomorrow.
- Plans for building closures and reduced hours to minimize the risk of the coronavirus spread are being made now and will be announced in the coming days.
- A reminder that the athletic and recreation facilities are closed
- The mailroom hours are currently 9:30 am- 2:30pm M-F.
- A message from the President to graduating seniors about spring commencement exercises will be forthcoming.
IF YOU NEED HELP
The Counseling Center is available to new and existing student-clients for remote counseling. See their website for appointment information.
Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction will be conducted remotely beginning March 23. Details will be posted to their website as soon as they become available.
Online learning begins Monday. Yesterday an infographic, Five Ways to Prepare for Online Learning at Oglethorpe, was sent to all students via email. Please be sure to prepare this week.