This email was sent to students who have not checked out of university housing as of 3/16/20.
The purpose of our move to online classes and reduced numbers of students on campus is to follow public health recommendations designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. For this reason, the university has instituted additional policies and measures following best practices intended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. To prioritize the health and wellbeing of the community, the following is effective immediately for residential housing:
• Enhanced Cleaning. As previously mentioned, residence halls had a deep clean and sanitation over spring break last week. Since then, we have been conducting enhanced cleaning in accordance with CDC environmental cleaning recommendations.
• Sanitation Supplies. Sanitation wipes and gels will be made available throughout the campus and in the residence halls as supplies are available. Residents should not take community supplies for their personal possession and instead leave them in common areas for shared use.
• Quarantine and Isolation. Designated facilities will be made available for residents on campus who must quarantine or remain in isolation as a result of exposure to COVID-19.
• No Visitors in Housing. The University has instituted a strict no visitor policy for residential housing facilities. This applies to students and non-students alike. Residents may only enter their own residence hall and specific room/living space which they have been assigned.
• Social Distancing. Residents are advised to practice social distancing in all shared spaces, including maintaining the recommended 6 feet in distance from others.
• Gatherings in Common Areas. Social gatherings in common areas are restricted to not exceed 50% of the room capacity and must be consistent with social distancing practices.
• Informing of Symptoms. Residents are advised to immediately contact Residence Life if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including, fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
• Reporting Travel. Residents are discouraged from traveling for leisure if they plan to return to campus housing. Any travel outside of the state must be reported ahead of time to Residence Life.
Adherence to these policies is essential to support the safety of our entire community. Any intentional violation of these policies, or a violation of student/residence life policies may be considered conduct dangerous to the health of the community and result in immediate dismissal from housing. Special attention is noted to heightened risks of drug/alcohol violations and unauthorized social gatherings.
We anticipate changes to building access/hours, and to start closing/consolidating residential areas in the next few days and weeks. Please be prepared to relocate your items if required.
This situation is evolving and important/urgent updates that require your attention will continue to be sent by e-mail. Please monitor your account frequently.