As you read in the President’s notice, we are suspending classes for the week of March 16th and going to a full online class schedule starting March 23rd for the rest of the semester. At this time, residence halls are open. We want to make sure students that want and need to be on campus have the opportunity to do so while also following safest and best practices.
Your RA will host a floor meeting tonight at 8pm to discuss details. Your RA will inform you of the meeting location via group messages. Here is a general overview:
If you plan to go home and move out:
You must officially check out of the residence hall one of two ways:
- Express Check-Out
- An envelope will be placed on your door tonight, or handed out at your floor meetings. This envelope will be where you place your residence hall room key, and sign that you are checking out of the residence hall.
- You can put these in the black key envelope boxes that are in your residence hall lobby.
- Traditional Check-Out
- If you would like to do a traditional check-out with your RA, you will need to sign up for a time with your RA. There will be a sign-up sheet on their doors that you will be able to use to sign-up to check-out.
- Please ensure that you have completely cleaned out your room before your check-out time so they RA is able to do a walkthrough of your space.
- We ask that you complete your check out by March 23rd at 12 pm.
If you would like to go home but not move out:
- If you are going home, we encourage to take your belongings if at all possible. This will make it easier in the event we have to move or consolidate rooms.
- We ask that you notify your RA or Residence Life of your plan and turn in your key to your residence hall room either to your RA or Residence Life and note the date you will return.
- Please be aware that we are discouraging travel outside of the regional area given this unprecedented and unpredictable time.
If you would like to stay on campus:
Please fill out this form to let us know you will be on-campus.
- We might ask you to relocate to another residence hall space for health and safety reasons.
- The residential community will be practicing social distancing and mitigation practices throughout the remainder of the semester.
- We expect you to stay on campus and not travel to other areas which could increase your exposure to the virus.
For all residents that have not moved-out:
- Official move out at this time will still occur as scheduled on May 6th. More information will be sent at a later date.
Lastly, at this time we do not have a confirmed case on-campus. These are precautions we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our entire community. Please continue to monitor all updates from the university at this website.
If you have any questions, please email Residencelife@oglethorpe.edu