Campus Life

Humans of Oglethorpe: Ferrin Tinter ’20

Ferrin Tinter, Senior

Major: Communication Studies

“..My first day of class I sat in front of the girl who is now my best friend.”

Ferrin TinterBethany“I transferred here my sophomore year of college. Coming here was really scary because I hate change. I didn’t know if I’d make friends, but on my first day of class I sat in front of the girl who is now my best friend.

Coming to Oglethorpe has really helped me find my niche and allowed me to open up about things. I struggle with really bad anxiety and I had never been able to talk about it before I came here.

I love being at Oglethorpe because I see my best friends every single day and the professors are great. It’s like being a big fish in a small pond, and that’s something I really enjoy the idea of. It’s funny because I’ve been through a lot here, it’s like being on a movie set, but I wouldn’t change a thing.”

Humans of Oglethorpe was created by a Pegasus Creative student intern in University Communications at Oglethorpe. Inspired by Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton, this series will share different stories and perspectives from across campus. Everyone has a story and everyone is human. Would you like to be involved in this series? Email Bailey Burns.