Campus Life

Humans of Oglethorpe: Taylor Roberts ’21

Taylor Roberts, Junior

Major: Art History

“Make a space for yourself.”

“I visit a lot of museums. I actually work at the High Museum. I am one of the Mellon Curatorial Fellows of 2018-2020.

I work with curators, design exhibitions, and do research. Anything that’s a public facing event.

Taylor Roberts

Taylor Roberts

This year, I’m working with photography curators and it’s wonderful because I’ve taken photography here with Christina Washington and it’s become something I’m passionate about because it’s real-life documentation. Photos are things we all actively take, but they can be manipulated in so many ways to distort reality.

One thing I want to say to everyone: take literally every opportunity that comes to you. I really didn’t know if curatorial work was for me, but being at the High has let me see every department in action. Being there was such a new experience. So make a space for yourself and the second that it’s created, do everything you can within it.”

Humans of Oglethorpe was created by a Pegasus Creative student intern in University Communications at Oglethorpe. Inspired by Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton, this series will share personal stories and perspectives from across campus. Everyone has a story and everyone is human. Would you like to be involved in this series? Email Bailey Burns.