Campus Life

Humans of Oglethorpe: Tyson Quander ’21

Tyson Quander, Junior

Major: Business Administration, Minor: Theatre

“Take advantage of every opportunity.”

“I applied to all the Ivy Leagues. I didn’t think about Oglethorpe until my mom told me I should apply. She graduated from here.

Tyson Quander I came to Admitted Students Day and I loved everything about it—campus life, the students, and the tight-knit community.

I’ve been here for three years now and I’m working to become more involved. I’m already heavily involved in theatre, but I’m also looking to join mOUthing off. I’ve also tried to gain a good relationship with professors.

[Librarian] Eli Arnold has really helped me with everything on campus. I see him very often and we talk outside of just academics. He tells me about things happening on campus and resources I can use to be successful.

I actually have opportunities here, and what I’ve learned in the past three years, is to take advantage of every opportunity.”

Humans of Oglethorpe was created by a Pegasus Creative student intern in University Communications at Oglethorpe. Inspired by Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton, this series will share personal stories and perspectives from across campus. Everyone has a story and everyone is human. Would you like to be involved in this series? Email Bailey Burns.