OU Newsroom

Oglethorpe in the news: June 28-July 11

Atlanta Business Chronicle names 2019 Most Admired CEO honorees – Atlanta Business Chronicle

Atlanta Business Chronicle on July 11 announced our 2019 Most Admired CEOs. The 44 executives in 22 categories and industries will be honored at an awards dinner on the evening of Aug. 22 at The Fairmont. Learn more about the event here.

International students’ work pursuits slowed by red tape

Several immigration rights advocates and attorneys say the delay is deliberate, citing the ongoing disputes between the Trump administration and congressional Democrats over issues such as border entry and visa policies. In addition to this delay, they blame White House immigration policies for a 7% enrollment decline of new international students during the 2017-18 school year, according to some news accounts.

Free museum admission for active military families this summer, thru the Blue Star Museums program – Atlanta on the Cheap

Through the Blue Star Museums program, families of active military members can enjoy FREE admission at over 2,000 venues nationwide – including 14 in the Atlanta metro area. The program is made possible through collaboration with the National Endowment for the Arts. This is a summer program.

Episodes We Love: The Empty Chair, Part 1

“My brother, my younger sister’s twin, died when I was five years old. I was the lucky one. My sister is not so lucky,” writes a listener who calls herself “Forever Grieving.” “There’s a constant reminder that my sister survived and our brother didn’t.

What’s filming in Atlanta now? Lovecraft Country, The Conjuring 3, Waldo, Hillbilly Elegy, and more

June’s been an exceptionally busy month for film and television production in Atlanta. We’ve got a full house of movies, shows, and everything in between. Here’s what we saw and where we saw it. Lovecraft Country (production code: RP) is a new series being shot currently for HBO.