John David Orme
Title: Political Science Educator Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States John David Orme has been recognized by Marquis Who’s Who Top Educators for dedication, achievements, and leadership in political science. Dr. Orme’s view of the world is one of ongoing curiosity of the evolving and changing nature of society.
City Lights: “The Tubman Command”; Dali At Oglethorpe University | 90.1 FM WABE
Wednesday on “City Lights with Lois Reitzes”: 1:45: Lois Reitzes speaks with Professor Elizabeth Cobbs about her book “The Tubman Command,” which chronicles the work of Harriet Tubman as a spy for the Union Army during the Civil War.
The Crypt of Civilization
On July 4, 1976, bicentennial celebrations took place all over the United States. I was nine years old at the time, and along with my five-year-old sister, I went to a special gathering just a few doors down from our house near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- University Business reported on Oglethorpe President Larry Schall’s announcement that he will step down in 2020.
- The Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels once again made a list of ‘Weird College Sports Logos & Mascots.
- Atlanta magazine included Prof. Jessica Handler among “The Atlanta authors you need to be reading this summer“. Handler’s debut novel and third book ‘The Magnetic Girl’ was released in April 2019.
- Encore Atlanta reported on Georgia Ensemble Theatre’s newly announced upcoming season, including staging a production of ‘A Tuna Christmas’ at Oglethorpe’s Conant Performing Arts Center in December 2019.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Oglethorpe President Larry Schall’s planned departure in 2020 in ‘College President Musical Chairs‘.
- The U.S. Air Force included the Nike Co-ed Soccer Camp to be held this summer at Oglethorpe in their list of summer camps for kids.
- The Atlanta Patch reported that Oglethorpe University students were among the audiences considerations during a brainstorming session for future Brookhaven design, led by TSW Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture.