News

Senior Brad Firchow talks graduation and future on WABE’s “Closer Look”

Senior Brad Firchow was a guest on NPR/WABE’s “Closer Look with Rose Scott” to discuss his time at Oglethorpe, graduation, and his future plans.

Brad Firchow ’19 with Closer Look host Rose Scott

Firchow will be working at the nonprofit Childspring International after commencement, where he will be helping to arrange surgeries for children around the world. Eventually, he hopes to attend medical school and practice in the rural South.

“I definitely like the trajectory my life is going. Oglethorpe has been instrumental in that,” Firchow said. “The people I’ve met here and the connections I’ve made have definitely been a life-changing experience.”

Listen to the interview here.

Closer Look: The 150 Year History of New Hope AME Church; 2018 Georgia Latino Entrepreneurship Study; Oglethorpe University’s Brad Firchow Talks Graduation & Future | 90.1 FM WABE

Friday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”: 0:00: Rose gives an update on the newest measles cases in Georgia, and in other news, a rundown of Georgia politicians who have endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden for his 2020 presidential campaign.