Georgia Ensemble Theatre (GET), the professional North Fulton theatre company, announces that it will remount its acclaimed production of the Pulitzer prize-winning play Driving Miss Daisy by Alfred Uhry this summer.
- The AJC reported that Oglethorpe University junior and Clarkston High graduate Claudine Niyonsenga received the U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to study abroad during the 2019 spring semester.
- Gamasutra reported that the Oglethorpe e-sports team will be among the 11 colleges and universities competing in the April 6 Georgia Esports League (GEL) PantherLAN event at Georgia State University’s Sports Arena. This includes GEL’s fourth annual championship, with teams from across the Southeast competing for scholarships and other prizes.
- Creative Loafing called out Oglethorpe’s March 24 concert “Listen: Works by Women,” featuring musicians from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
- The Tribune Star reported that Terre Haute North Vigo High School graduate Taylor Turner was named to the dean’s list of academic honors for the fall 2018 semester at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia. Turner, a junior majoring in chemistry, achieved at least a 3.50 term grade-point average while earning 12 or more semester hours.
- The AJC included the Capitol City Opera production at Oglethorpe University among the “Things to do in and around Atlanta: March 22-30“.