Academics, job placement potential and cost are the most important factors to high school students when choosing a college, according to new data from the National Center for Education Statistics based on a 2012 survey of more than 23,000 students, most of whom were 11th-graders.
- Dr. Joe Knippenberg’s article “Voting Rights and Wrongs in Georgia” was published on the Law and Liberty website.
- Dr. Knippenberg was also quoted in several Reporter Newspapers articles about local elections:
- In Campus News, the Marietta Daily Journal reported on Oglethorpe student Alejandra Canas Escobar being tapped for induction into Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society.
- International exchange student and Rotary scholar Mathilde Illum spoke to the Rotary Club of Dunwoody, the Dunwoody Crier reported.
- Dr. Beth Concepción’s Introduction to Media Studies class visited CBS46 on Nov. 28, and the students made an on-air appearance during the local news.
- President Lawrence Schall was quoted in the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s article “Metro Atlanta business leaders give thanks“.
- Debbie Aiken, director of extended learning, was quoted in Best Self magazine’s article “Dare to Dream, Again: Returning to school for a career reboot”.
- Oglethorpe was mentioned in the Reporter Newspapers article “Brookhaven looks to create identity with its own tourism bureau“.
- The Women’s Golf Coaches Association announced top college programs as the winter off season sets in, with Oglethorpe receiving votes.
- Arts ATL.com called out “When East Meets West,” the exhibition currently on view at the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, as “What to see, hear and do” for the weeks of Nov. 19 and Nov. 26.
- Georgia Ensemble Theatre announced half price tickets on sale on Nov. 30 for their production of Million Dollar Quartet in December and January at Oglethorpe’s Conant Performing Arts Center.