News

Oglethorpe in the news: Nov 2-8

Top Stories

• Politics Professor Joe Knippenberg was published on the Law and Liberty website: “A Tale of Two Democracies: Republicans and Democrats Between Aristotle and Locke”.
    “In the fall of even-numbered years, I pretend to be a political scientist, that is, someone who knows what he’s talking about when it comes to electoral politics. I have to teach a class on campaigns and elections, and there are a couple of local reporters who want to talk to me about state and municipal elections. So I pull my nose out of a book and pay more attention than usual to the political horse races.Earlier this week that meant attending a Q&A session on campus with a Democrat seeking to unseat our current Republican state representative….” Read more.
  • Sophomore Taylor RobertsOglethorpe’s first Mellon Undergraduate Curatorial Fellow, was highlighted in a joint press release: “Six Major U.S. Museums Announce The 2018–20 Class of the Andrew W. Mellon Undergraduate Curatorial Fellows”.
  • Sophomore Savannah LeGate made the website News for You in her hometown of Nashville: “LeGate named preseason All-American“.
  • Coach Jon Akin was mentioned in the Reporter Newspapers: “Anonymous funders of Brookhaven parks bond opposition draw criticism“.
  • Arts ATL featured OUMA’s exhibition When East Meets West: Three Centuries of Artistic Discourse in “What to see, hear and do this week, November 5–11“.