- Elizabeth Peterson, director of the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, was elected to the new Brookhaven Arts Advisory Committee.
BROOKHAVEN, GA — Nine prominent local business and arts professionals have been chosen and approved to serve two-year terms on the Brookhaven Arts Advisory Committee that was approved by the city council on Wednesday night.
- Achieve Atlanta selected Oglethorpe University for a partner spotlight:”Oglethorpe University provides comprehensive advising and coaching services to eight Achieve Atlanta Scholars. The Scholars participate in an annual Orientation Day of Service and a series of Impact and Imprint events to support their holistic development. Recently, the Fiske Guide to Colleges named Oglethorpe one of its Best Buy Colleges and Universities, an honor bestowed on just 20 public and private colleges and universities. Oglethorpe also launched Flagship 50, a merit tuition scholarship program, through which Oglethorpe matches the in-state tuition at the flagship institution of each U.S. state for qualified incoming freshmen. Finally, earlier this month Oglethorpe received recognition for being among the best private colleges nationwide for the lowest student loan debt per borrower.”
- Atlanta magazine reported that FOX’s The Gifted (HVN) filmed at Oglethorpe University on August 28.
- Arts ATL selected the new exhibition “When East Meets West: Three Centuries of Artistic Discourse” at the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, as a “best bet” in Atlanta for the week of October 1.
- Oglethorpe is mentioned in Reporter Newspapers’ report on the most recent meeting of Brookhaven’s Convention and Visitors Bureau. Sharon Moskowitz, manager of the Conant Performing Arts Center, serves on the CVB