Oglethorpe University staked out new ground Wednesday in the struggle to stand out from the crowd of small private colleges, unveiling a pricing strategy that will match public college tuition rates in every state for members of next year’s freshman class who meet certain benchmarks.
Price matching isn’t just for coupon clippers, college students can get in on the action too. Two private schools, Robert Morris University and Oglethorpe University, recently rolled out price-matching programs to compete with state flagship universities and attract students at lower tuition rates.
Oglethorpe University announced a unique plan Wednesday to compete with some of the nation’s top colleges. Starting next fall semester, Oglethorpe, a private university in DeKalb County, will match the tuition of any flagship university in the nation for qualified students. The annual tuition at most flagship universities is between $10,000 and $15,000, said Oglethorpe President Larry Schall.
Judge Sentences NSA Leaker To 63 Months Atlanta’s Oglethorpe University Launches Innovative Tuition Plan Renovations At Augusta National Golf Course
Closer Look: Oglethorpe University President Dr. Lawrence Schall; Dragon Con Returns; And More | 90.1 FM WABE
Tuesday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”: 0:00: Rose gives a news brief about how today marks the 55th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. It was there that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. recited his famous “I Have a Dream” speech.
Oglethorpe University, in Atlanta, will offer enrolling students from any state the same tuition as they would pay at flagship public institutions in their home state, Inside Higher Ed reported. The university’s goal is to help it stand out among small private colleges to attract high-performing students.
Oglethorpe University, a private college located in Brookhaven, is launching Flagship 50, a merit tuition scholarship program open to students across the country. Beginning fall semester 2019, Oglethorpe will match the in-state tuition at the flagship institution of each U.S. state for qualified incoming freshmen.
- Dr. Brent Runnels was profiled in the Aug. 22 VoyageATL article “Meet Brent Runnels of Oglethorpe University in Brookhaven“.
- The Oglethorpe University Museum of Art’s lecture by John Tilford about the 25th anniversary exhibition was featured in the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Aug. 23 “Things to do in and around Atlanta today“.
- Washington Monthly released its 2018 College Guide and Rankings. See the Source article “Oglethorpe skyrockets in Washington Monthly rankings” for a summary for Oglethorpe.
- Inside Higher Education referenced Oglethorpe’s Flagship 50 program in a comparison to a new program by Robert Morris University.
- University Business referenced Oglethorpe’s Flagship 50 program, sharing Inside Higher Education’s article above.
- Atlanta Informer picked up the announcement about Oglethorpe’s Flagship 50 program.
- The DEA website is advertising Oglethorpe’s Career and Internship Fair on September 27.