Oglethorpe University has been named a “top performing school,” ranked among the 2017 Best Colleges in Georgia by Learn How To Become, a leader in education and career resources.
“It was important to recognize the colleges and universities that are going above and beyond the standard for learning,” said Wes Rickets, co-founder of Learn How To Become. “These schools have proven that their learning environments are exceptional and continuing to improve.”
To determine the university rankings, Learn How to Become uses the National Center for Education Statistics’ Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) and College Scorecard data from the U.S. Department of Education, and evaluates the following data points:
- Median annual alumni earnings 10 years after entering the college
- In-state tuition and fees for undergraduates
- Student/teacher ratio
- 6-year graduation rate
- % of students receiving institutional financial aid (first-time, full-time undergrads)
- Average amount of institutional aid awarded per student (first-time, full-time undergrads)
- Availability of placement services upon completion
- Availability of academic/career counseling services
- Availability of employment services
- 3-year student cohort loan default rate
Learn How to Become was founded in 2013 with a mission to help students and professionals understand what is takes to land their perfect career. View the full rankings for Best Colleges in Georgia and complete methodology.