Become a CCE Team Captain for 2017-2018
Civic Engagement Team Captains are highly valuable members of the Center for Civic Engagement in the A_LAB. This is an important leadership position responsible for leading service projects. This includes orienting students, team building, project management, communication throughout the day, and leading reflection. This leadership opportunity allows you to exercise your leadership skills, take on responsibility within the Center for Civic Engagement, and help mentor our incoming students.
As result of being a team captain you will:
- Develop leadership skills and a leadership philosophy
- Learn basic principles of thoughtful community service
- Become familiar with local non-profits and issues that affect Atlanta
- Have the opportunity to mentor incoming students
- Gain problem solving and communication skills
Team Captains must be available to participate during major Days of Service (depending on individual schedules) throughout the year. Qualified students should be comfortable leading discussion with their peers, engaging students, and handling complex problems.
Please note, because of conflict in training and roles, you cannot be a resident assistant or an orientation leader and be a CCE Team Captain for this upcoming year.